Replacing old windows and doors

Discussion in 'Conservatories, Windows and Doors' started by Effieadler, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Effieadler

Effieadler New Member

Hey there,
    My house is nearly 15 years old and the windows and doors have opened their mouths saying they require a replacement. What important factors are required to be kept in mind while selecting a window and door company? Looking forward to hear from you. i'm open to suggestions.

2. nillie

nillie New Member

You just have to ask the right questions at the right time. Select a company that has reliable contractors. Evaluate your contractor thoroughly by asking his/her years of experience. You would also need to properly evaluate the product that you selected, the price and value of the entire package. Make sure that the company you employ carries insurance.See whether their contractors are licensed and credentialed. Their warranty and the company's track for solving customer complains.

3. AngelaJoh

AngelaJoh New Member

Thank you nillie, I too faced one such problem, I was not able to choose a particular company for installing windows and one of my friends suggested a company. I saw good reviews about them online and I thought to get their service. I would like to know what type of glass is perfect for a house. I have seen different glass options in their portal http://canglow.ca/education-resources/glass-options/ really confused about choosing one. Can you help me with this?

4. Rachel WIllhy

Rachel WIllhy New Member

Just choose the best company or team for this. I have a very bad experience with it when I use to change my garage door and unluckily I contacted to a cheap company and they ruin my garage and charge heavy without completing the job. Just keep in mind that to choose the best and reliable company for it.

5. Terry Foran

Terry Foran New Member

Hi, about 12months ago i knew absolutely nothing about windows and Doors, i started working for a very respectable home improvement company and can safely say its a minefield out there, if you are wanting windows installed properly and have the longest life span out of them then i would highly recommend going with a well known company! in my time working for my company i have visited some properties that saved some money on the initial request but had us out less then 3-5 years later and the state of some of the installations i have seen was a real eye opener! if you want any information please feel free to contact me i'm as honest as they come and really dont want to see people fall prey in this market place.

6. Rosie

Rosie New Member

I've had really bad experience dealing with local windows and doors retail businesses. Tried at least 3 companies over the last 2 years, but in the end I found a reliable supplier that deals with UK manufacturers (I like to support our economy ^_^ ). So, Colin's Sash Windows is my recommendation if you are looking for reasonable prices and high quality. The company is actually run by Colin himself who is amazing person.