Kitchen Cost For Victorian House - Magnet vs B&Q

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by willlet15, Sep 25, 2015.

1. willlet15

willlet15 New Member

Hi There,

New to this fourm! so Hello :)

I just thought i'd share my experience of planning a new Kitchen with you guys!

I moved house last month into a larger 3 bed semi detached victorian house. The house was built just before world war 2 (around 1936 - 1938) and there are a lot of the original features still in the property today (Which I would like to keep). So we are are planning on working through each room at a time.

Front of the house:
    [​IMG]

Anyway, the first task that needs doing is the Kitchen. The previous owners did have a small extension to the rear of the property which has given more space for the Kitchen. There is a small pantry area which does give extra space for a fridge and condiments however there is not much overall kitchen and cupboard space.

Floorplan:
    [​IMG]

I have selected two Kitchen companies to get quotes from. 1) is Magnet Kitchens as I hear the customer service, quality and their professionalism is excellent. 2) is B&Q as they appear to be much more afforable.

Kitchen Before Picture (Limited Space)
    [​IMG]

You can see from the above image that the Kitchen is very small and is constricted to the corner. It is also overpowered by a large rangemaster cooker. Really not suitable for this size Kitchen.

I was also be replacing to the exsisting Kitchen tiles with new larger black slate tiles.

I will let you know my findings and document my progression.

Bye For Now.

Will

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015